Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Thoughts on "Lament For A Son": N. Wolterstorff

In Lament for a Son Wolterstorff recounts the experience of losing his oldest son in a climbing accident. Several things have gripped me while reading this gut wrenching book. Wolterstorff a pastor, is very honest when sharing his emotions, doubts, questions on topics ranging from the problem of pain to the existence of God in it's midst. In slightly more than 100 pages he was able to make me feel his pain in an almost visceral way, while at the same time not coming off as whiny or overly dramatic.

I recommend this book. I am still examining all of the questions, thoughts and feelings that it brought up while reading.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I'm in love with my wife, enchanted by my children, and amazed by the world around me.